Wednesday, March 6, 2013

Crock-Pot Veggies and Salmon

I just purchased a crock-pot ~last Sunday~ so I had to try it asap!!

I had no idea what to make, but had a lot of vegetables ~as usual~ and was craving salmon.
I made a simple and very healthy meal with Fingerling potatoes, carrots, mini peppers, one onion and well... Salmon!!

I cut up my carrots in slices, cut the potatoes in halves or thirds ~leaving the skin on~ and thinly sliced the peppers.  I also chopped the onion.  I threw everything right in the pot, on top of a nice mixture of olive oil and herbs, and put the crock-pot on low for 7 hours.



I loved how each time I walked by the kitchen it smelled so delicious!
And 7 hours later, I had some beautifully cooked veggies.  Honestly, I was actually aiming for a roasted kind, but I'm not sure that's what I got! I really should follow a recipe next time!!





As soon as my husband came home, and while is was getting out of his work clothes, all I had to do was heat up a skillet with olive oil and sear the salmon pieces about 3 minutes on each side, or just enough to brown it.  Make sure not to cook it too much or else it will be tough.
Sprinkled everything with seasoning ~salt, pepper, and herbs~ and some lemon juice.




I have to say, I love my crock-pot already!! The veggies were soo tasty, and they melted in our mouths. 
Such a simple way to have yummy healthy veggies!


I can't wait to see what else I can make with my new kitchen appliance!
If you have any favorite crock-pot recipes, please share with us!!! 

And remember...


Enjoy Healthy Meals For a

Life in Positudiness!

~Sandie

No comments:

Post a Comment

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...
 photo faebook_zpse882f7fa.png